Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ever remember hurting others????

On a lazy sunday morning, while leafing through old albums, particularly of my school and college days, I found that I could identify some of my classmates very easily and even remember their names and surnames, others I could vaguely recollect and some not even their names. The ones whom I remembered very clearly, I found myself associating them with some incidents both joyful, or arguments which ended in quarrels or the times when we had shared a good laugh (Mostly at others' expense, I must confess).
Some incidents or occasions were more vivid and those were the times when I was deeply hurt by somebody's words or actions. The thought still hurtme, "How could she say that to me"? or he should not have behaved like this"? I closed the album, lest it spoilt the whole day.
But the thoughts stayed with me, especially the incidents, when my best friend of 8 years stopped talking to me for some silly reason.(Those days it did not seem silly at all!!). I ruminated over some other incidents when I had been "victimised" for no fault of mine.
But suddenly, I found asking myself, "why this self pity? Have you never ever hurt others by your words, actions?? Or you don't want to remember it???"
Over the years in our life, we always tend to remember how others have hurts us, but never, never, how we hurt them. Isn't this because we never learnt to forgive and never forgave????
Having found the answer, I made a mental note to write to my best friend whom I had not talked to for over twelve years, I know she will understand!! Surely, she too must have grown up!!!
Sujatha Natraj

1 comment:

  1. really liked this one! would love to know the results of the phone call. Maybe, a follow-up blog on that :)

    ReplyDelete